10/11/2017 at 11:46 am #2349
Hi there KCCYC members,
I’m the new caretaker at McGowans Sunset Beach Camping 16km north of Kalumburu. I’ve been here since May and will be here until at least the end of 2018 (and maybe longer?).
I wanted to let yachties know what we have to offer such as:
1) Unlimited fresh drinking water from the tap on the beach which yachties can use to fill their boats up at high tide with the 100m hose we have. Cost $50 per boat for unlimited water per day. (Our drinking water is plentiful and crystal clear. We often get locals from Kalumburu coming here to McGowans to fill their drinking water containers!).
2) Wifi and landline at house 100m from beach. Cost $5 for wifi access each day and $5 per phone call within Australia. (We don’t allow international calls). We do have eftpos facilities. And we sell large 10kg ice blocks for $10.
3) Laundry washing machine services. Cost $10 per load plus $5 for powder).
4) Use of showers and toilets $10 per person per day.
5) Return trip into Kalumburu in my troopy to get fuel and/or supplies (Cost $150 max 4 persons).
6) The Aboriginal bosses might be buying a fuel tanker in coming months to sell diesel and petrol to visiting vessels, BUT this is just TALK at the moment so we ARE NOT going to advertise it until it actually happens!
We are open ALL through the wet and dry seasons too!
McGowans Sunset Beach
Email: [email protected]
02/01/2019 at 1:56 pm #2765
UPDATED 2/1/19 ##
It was a pleasure having about ten yachts and motor cruisers stop by last year. Some stayed for a few hours to use our very fast wifi, whilst others stayed for days either waiting to get fuel off the fortnightly barge from Darwin, and/or dropping off or picking up new crew from the Kalumburu airport and re-supplying – all of which we can assist with given at least a couple of days notice preferably via email or phone call or Ch: 16 VHF radio.
Our water is great to drink and we have unlimited water.
Boaties can come ashore and pay a $10pp day use fee to use amenities, wash clothes and use our very fast wifi or phone. They can take as much water as they want using our 70m hose at high tide for $50 per vessel per day.
Return lifts into Kalumburu and/or dropping off or collecting people from airport $150 for the troopy.
Hope to see you guys in 2019
McGowans Sunset Beach
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.