I’m the new caretaker at McGowans Sunset Beach Camping 16km north of Kalumburu. I’ve been here since May and will be here until at least the end of 2018 (and maybe longer?).
I wanted to let yachties know what we have to offer such as:
1) Unlimited fresh drinking water from the tap on the beach which yachties can use to fill their boats up at high tide with the 100m hose we have. Cost $50 per boat for unlimited water per day. (Our drinking water is plentiful and crystal clear. We often get locals from Kalumburu coming here to McGowans to fill their drinking water containers!).
2) Wifi and landline at house 100m from beach. Cost $5 for wifi access each day and $5 per phone call within Australia. (We don’t allow international calls). We do have eftpos facilities. And we sell large 10kg ice blocks for $10.
3) Laundry washing machine services. Cost $10 per load plus $5 for powder).
4) Use of showers and toilets $10 per person per day.
5) Return trip into Kalumburu in my troopy to get fuel and/or supplies (Cost $150 max 4 persons).
6) The Aboriginal bosses might be buying a fuel tanker in coming months to sell diesel and petrol to visiting vessels, BUT this is just TALK at the moment so we ARE NOT going to advertise it until it actually happens!
We are open ALL through the wet and dry seasons too!